Thursday, November 17, 2011

Colorful Crochet Afghans!

After my last blog earlier today I decided to pick up my old crochet project and give it a whirl.

 A little fun fact about me.....How did I learn to crochet?....My grandmother Mary taught me. At first it seemed more tedious than it did gratifying, but after I got the hang of it and understood what I was doing. It is actually one of the most relaxing things to do to, other than reading. I <3 yarn. lol. This granny square quilt started out because I was tired of doing little scarfs or crochet appliques, and wanted to show of a bigger project. An afghan. And at the time, my skills were still lacking, so the easiest pattern I could find was a continuous granny square...not much of a challenge, I know. But I think its beautiful ! The colors are my favorite thing about this project. Now, other things came up and somewhere between it all, my skills got better and I put this project down to pursue something a tad bit more difficult......

 ~*~*~*~*OCTAGON AFGHAN*~*~*~*~
 I've got a little while to go, but I'm loving every minute of it. Problem is, I'm missing my 1st child, the granny afghan....I may have to do some juggling. <3 The most ironic thing of all, winter will be over when I finish them. I wished they could be done so i can snuggle up with them! But this year I have none and next year ill have two!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I've followed you :) . These afghans are bright and colorful.

    Please come and visit
    Crochet in Egypt

    ReplyDelete